Niagara University’s College of Education hosted its annual professional recognition ceremony Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, at the Castellani Art Museum. The event honored the contributions of educational leaders, counselors, teachers and community members from Western New York and Ontario.
This year’s award recipients were:
John P. Gleason, ’73
- President/Principal of E.D.A./Gleason
- Chief Gift Planning Officer, Empire State Division of the Salvation Army
Educational Leaders of the Year
Mark R. Laurrie
- Deputy Superintendent, Niagara Falls City School District
Sr. Joan Cronin
- Former Executive Director, Institute for Catholic Education
Counselors of the Year
Monica Romeo, LMHC
- Director of Counseling Services, Niagara University
Dr. Leslie Born
- Mental Health Counselor, Hamilton Family Health Team
Teachers of the Year
Dr. John D. Schneider Jr.
- Niagara Catholic Jr./Sr. High School, Catholic Diocese of Buffalo
- West Lane Secondary School, District School Board of Niagara
To learn more about Niagara University’s College of Education, please visit www.niagara.edu/education.