The power of Niagara University’s undergraduate viewbook was apparent to a national panel of higher education marketers, advertising creative directors, marketing and advertising professionals.
NU’s undergraduate student recruitment publication – the centerpiece of its “Power of Niagara University” branding campaign, launched last fall – received a gold medal in the Student Viewbook category of the Higher Education Marketing Report’s 32nd Annual Educational Advertising Awards, the largest educational advertising awards competition in the country.
Niagara University’s Office of Communications collaborated with Creative Communications Associates on the redesign of its admissions materials.
The new messaging was developed through a collaborative, yearlong brand initiative, and is built on strengths of the university outlined in the process by students, alumni, faculty, staff and administration, as well as individuals in the community.
Through the brand study and analysis, the strengths of the university were clearly identified in areas related to academics, service, global awareness and the connectedness of the Niagara community. Further development of messaging built “The Power of Niagara University” on five brand chapters:
- A coveted 21st-century degree. It’s an education that delivers exactly what employers and the world are looking for, and what makes a Niagara degree a coveted 21st-century credential.
- Mentors for the mind and heart. Our faculty are at the forefront of scholarship and research and engage our students in these opportunities as freshmen—unheard of at many larger institutions. Helping their students to realize their fullest potential—to be the best they can be so that they can give their best to the world.
- Beyond the Ridge. Graduates who go on to do well for themselves and others. Global citizens who are world ready.
- World ready. Our students, faculty and staff ignite positive change in the lives of others in our community and around the world.
- Purple Pride. Purple Pride is a state of mind. Our Vincentian heritage calls us to strive for excellence and humility—and it’s evident in the way we celebrate and take pride in everything and everyone here.
The chapters align with the set of President’s Vision Commitments, or long-term institutional priorities, presented last spring by the Rev. James J. Maher, C.M., president of Niagara University.
The Educational Advertising Awards is the largest, oldest and most respected educational advertising awards competition in the country.
This year, more than 2,250 entries were received from over 1,000 colleges, universities, and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
The complete listing of award winners is available online at http://educationaladvertisingawards.com.