Niagara University’s annual Meet the Accounting and Finance Professionals Night – held Sept. 11 this year – drew a capacity crowd to the Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, and was the perfect way to start off the semester with students engaging members of the business community.
Co-sponsored by the College of Business Administration and the Office of Career Services, this event provided essential networking career opportunities between employers – such as banks, accounting and financial firms, insurance companies and government agencies – and Niagara’s accounting and finance students. More than 50 alumni were in attendance to represent organizations this year, illustrating the continued support and deep commitment of NU graduates returning to their alma mater to recruit business students.
“For more than 40 years, this event has enabled us to highlight the exceptional students that we have developed for the business community,” said Vincent Agnello, chair of NU’s accounting department. “This event is a wonderful way to showcase our beautiful campus and our excellent students. We are giving these employers our best students and I know that, given the chance, they will help their firms achieve great milestones.”
Niagara University’s Meet the Accounting and Finance Professionals Night was sponsored this year by Alliance Advisory Group, Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner, Freed Maxick CPAs, Lumsden McCormick, and M&T Bank.
The list of attending employers included:
- Alliance Advisory Group
- AXA Advisors, LLC
- Brock, Schechter & Polakoff, LLP
- Buffamante Whipple Buttafaro, P.C.
- Chiampou Travis Besaw & Kershner LLP
- Citizens Bank
- Columbus McKinnon Corporation
- Computer Task Group (CTG)
- Dansa D'Arata Soucia LLP
- Defense Contract Audit Agency
- Dopkins & Company
- Drescher & Malecki LLP
- Farm Credit East
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Washington, D.C.
- Foresters Financial Services, Inc.
- Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C.
- Ingram Micro
- Level Financial Advisors
- Lougen Valenti Bookbinder & Weintraub LLP
- Lumsden McCormick CPA
- M&T Bank
- MassMutual New York State
- Niagara University Graduate Studies, College of Business Administration
- Northwestern Mutual -The Buffalo Office
- Office of the New York State Comptroller
- Rich Products
- Tax Technologies, Inc.
- The Bonadio Group
- Tronconi, Segarra & Associates LLP
- Waterford Advisors, LLC