Six students were inducted into Niagara University’s chapter of Kappa Mu Epsilon, a specialized honor society in mathematics, on Nov. 1, 2023.
The following students were selected for the honor because of their outstanding academic accomplishments:
- Ella DiFlavio, an education major from Grimsby, Ontario
- Stephen Fronczak, an actuarial science major from North Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Madison LaPenta, an education major from Depew, N.Y.
- Madison Manzella, an education major from Tonawanda, N.Y.
- Joseph Martino, a math major from Cheektowaga, N.Y.
- Julie Myers, a math major from North Tonawanda, N.Y.
KME was founded in 1931 to promote the interest of mathematics among undergraduate students. Its chapters are located in colleges and universities of recognized standing which offer a strong mathematics major. Niagara’s New York ETA chapter was established in 1968. Students must maintain a 3.0 average in mathematics, rank in the upper 35% of their class, and have completed at least three semesters of calculus or other upper-level mathematics courses in order to be eligible for membership.